Monday, October 13, 2008

Cheap shoes and a no effort pumpkin patch!

I was just revisiting some of the old posts in the archive...wow .Its interesting to see how much life changes in the course of a year. Enough reminiscing, that was then and this is now time to move on.

So I went to Target and found that shopping for vegan shoes can be a lot cheaper than buying leather. I know on line you can find fancy expensive vegan shoes but you can also just go to Target or Payless and not feel like a cheep ass for doing it. Before I would be embarrassed if I got shoes at Payless, like I was admitting I am poor and don't have great taste. But now I feel self satisfied and smug, superior even saying I buy my shoes at Target and Payless because they're vegan. The truth is it is awesome to get a pair of shoes for $10 (they were on sale). I also like it because it saves me time by having less choices. Less to look at, less to think about and less to choose from. Much easier than having to mull over a ton of different shoes and then feel like a jerk for paying too much for a pair of shoes.

Halloween is coming and I want to give a little tip on how to grow a pumpkin patch with little to no effort.
Last year I got a white pumpkin and I put it on the stone wall in front of my house. It was so pretty and festive and I felt really good about it when I would come home and see it sitting there. After Halloween came and went and it survived Halloween night I just forgot about it. Then Ted noticed that it was rotting on the wall. I continued to ignore it. It rotted further and still I pretended not to see it. Eventually when it was half gone I slam dunked it by the garbage can on trash day. The garbage man refused to pick it up so it just rotted and composted by my mailbox. last year it looked like a very lazy person lived at my house, this year it looks like a PUMPKIN PATCH under my mailbox. That's right we have a real pumpkin patch growing by the mailbox complete with a white pumpkin. I love that pumpkin patch so much and I check on the pumpkin everyday! So this year just chuck your pumpkin where ever you want to have pumpkins and then ignore it and by next year you can brag to everyone you know about your awesome pumpkin patch!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Loved the pumpkin story!!! LOL...

I TOO, am quite comfortable with Payless shoes, or Target.

I also shop @ http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/ from time to time.

Check them out, and while you're there, be sure to register for their sweepstakes!

http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/VeganSweepstakes/FreeShoesForAYear.aspx

Anonymous said...

Simple shoes has a wide selection of vegan sandals and shoes. And the prices are affordable too.

snarlos said...

you can also buy vegan shoes from a mom and pop shoe store-Houser Shoes.
Check out their discounts online at
http://www.housershoes.com