Monday, November 19, 2007

All I am saying is give pickles a chance.....

Stu and I just got into a very heated discussion about fried pickles. I have to say I was totally blown away by his intolerance to the pickle. I thought of all people Stu would love fried pickles b/c they are so delicious and because Stu is a master snacker. I was so wrong. I thought I knew Stu but I guess there was still a few things I had to learn.
The conversation got started when I mentioned a grammar error I had made and fried pickles were in the sentence. The sentence was " Those fried pickles were so good I could have ate the whole thing." the error being ate, it should have been eaten. Ok so I am ignorant and have bad grammar, big deal. Anyway Stu told me that he ordered the fried platter at the Westville pub and fried pickles were on it and he was totally unimpressed! I was like about what is this guy talking about I was stunned that he didn't love them.
Whats even more disturbing is that Stu doesn't even think of pickles as a food, he thinks they are a condiment and have no place on a menu as a food item. He thinks pickles should just stay where they are on the side of the plate, like little nothings little nobodies. I found this appalling I mean why not give the pickle a chance. If a mushroom can make it as an appetizer or a potato skin for gods sake why not a pickle. A potato skin is not even food, its just the skin of something Else. Most of the time people peal that part off and throw it way. A pickle is a wonderful and under appreciated snack that deserves its shot at fame.
Stu was adamant about this whole issue and we had to cut it short because he was leaving for the day. We will have to resume the debate tomorrow.

No comments: