Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lets take a moment to honor Bob.

Over the weekend our good and loving and special friend Bob the neighbor cat passed away. I found him in the grass under a bush, it looked like he curled up for peaceful nap and the universe decided that it was his time to go. I bet God had his eye on Bob for a while because he is such an awesome cat but God knew that Bob had work to do here on Earth. Bob was almost 18 years old when he passed away. He lived with many people in our neighborhood including Becky and Paul and Teddydigital and myself. Due to the fact that Bob would not use a litter box I made him a bed on my porch with an electric blanket to keep him warm, but on really cold nights he would sleep at Becky and Paul's or with us. In fact a few days before he died it snowed and Bob came in and was hanging out, I noticed that he seemed a little sluggish but I chalked it up to him being cold. Around 11:30pm Paul came over and picked him up to sleep at his house because Paul could leave his window open for Bob to go out and pee and at my house Bob preferred to pee on Teddydigitals sweaters. I went to bed and about 10 minutes later Teddydigital came up and said that Bob was at the family room window asking to come in, so we let him in and he got in bed with me. (We made sure there were no clothes on floor) I just looked at Bob and he started purring and then he curled up and went to sleep. He was so happy to be in the house with us and to be sleeping in bed.
We buried Bob on Saturday and we are planing a memorial service for some time this week.
We all loved Bob and when I come home from work I keep expecting to see him come running to greet me in my driveway.
Rest in peace little Bobsie we will miss you.

No comments: