Thursday, September 11, 2008

Being vegan is a snap!

I'm back!! After a long and wonderful maternity leave I am back in the office a few days a week! So now I am back and ready to entertain and educate the masses on green living, animal issues and all that other good stuff that we here at Crispy Cat really care about!

One of the things that we here at Crispy Cat really want to express is that being vegan is so much eaiser than you might think...really, being vegan is a snap!! I had no problem giving up meat, I always thought it was disgusting and I always thought it tasted like it looks...nasty! But dairy was another issue all together, I was totally addicted to cheese. I really felt guilty though eating cheese and not being a vegan because I love animals so freaking much and I felt heartsick over the idea that I was contributing to the suffering of animals. Then the best thing ever happened to me...I found out that my daughter is allerigc to dairy. Since I breastfeed the doctor told me to cut out all dairy and because I would do anything for Sadie I immediately did. It was not even a question for me, I just did it and at first I did miss cheese and I craved it. But after a little while it just went away. I would say that by the time 2 weeks had passed I never even thought about it. Now it's been months and I don't miss it at all, in fact I feel better than ever. For the first time my digestion is great, perfect even and I almost never feel bloated. I heard somewhere that it takes 3 weeks for your taste buds to forget the way something tastes and I have found that to be true. Plus there are so many different and tasty things to eat instead. And that brings me to my next point...we here want to show anyone who might be struggling to make the leap just how easy and painless it can be. I am going to showcase vegans that we love and vegan recipes and all sorts of other good stuff, and to our Celiac people don't worry I have not forgotten you we will also bring you some gluten-free tidbits as well.
If you have a great story about going vegan let me know and we will put you in the blog and perhaps even in the newsletter!

No comments: