Friday, June 8, 2007

The chipmunk has left the building

Today is my 31st birthday!!! I have to say that the 2Os's are overrated. So far my 30's are way better!! The people I work with are so great! Joel's daughter made me the best birthday card ever, it's red and glittery and just awesome! And what she wrote on the inside was so cute it made me teary eyed. Not to mention that they are having my guitar fixed as a gift, which is beyond great. That is just the sort of place THT is. Not only do we make kick ass candy bars, but we are kick ass people too. I have never worked in a place where across the board everyone is a pleasure to work with. OK, now on to the meat of this story.....

If you remember a few blogs ago I wrote about the chipmunk drama. His brushes with death and his hard life as a misunderstood rodent. OK well this morning I am driving into work and I get a call from my husband, who by the way I believe is posing as "Teddydigital" and posting remarks,anyway I get a call. Teddydigital is on the line, he informs me that I just got a birthday gift from my cat Mr. Big. At first I was filled with joy and feelings of love and appreciation, how nice of my cat to remember my birthday. Then I remembered that Mr. Big doesn't have a job so where would be get the money for a gift? And I know Teddydigital would not lend him any money because no one in their right mind would lend him money. I mean, he has never worked a day in his life. Anyway, regardless of all this Bigs is a very charming cat and we have lived together his whole life so it would be natural for him to want to give me a present. I can remember when we lived in NYC and Bigs went Thu the bars of my 7Th floor window and was grooming himself on the ledge. I though I was going to puke I was so scared. I had to creep up on him so as not to frighten him and then grabbed him and pulled him back Thu. So anyway, I was driving from the gym to work and Teddydigital calls to tell me that the present Bigs left me was a dead chipmunk at the foot of our bed. Oh. Not really what I expected. I felt sad for a while about the chipmunk but he escaped death twice , I guess it was just his time to go. And really he lived a long and happy life. Sure it had some hard times, yes he had to overcome some stuff but what life is without a few bumps in the road?

To Mr Big, my devoted and handsome cat friend I give a public acknowledgement. It is the thought that counts. I mean, a dead chipmunk is not as good of a surprise as lets say a huge balloon that plays a strange birthday version of "Rappers Delight". For more info on where to get such a balloon you can contact Teddydigital.

Anyway I will be constructing an experimental birthday cake out Crispy Cats and a gluten-free and vegan version of Fluff. I forget the name of it, we used it to make the marshmallow bar back in the day. Stay tuned for updates on that and a picture with a step by step how to.

No comments: