Monday, June 4, 2007

A Crispy Cat and a dog walk into a bar.......

What are two things that we all love?
Crispy Cat candy bars and our companion animals!
So that is why you should never leave either in the car during the summer months, or anytime it is hot outside.

A lot of times it is all very innocent. You think to yourself that your pup has been at home all day and now you just get in and have to run an errand. And your pup is giving you a major guilt trip, they don't call em' "puppy dog eyes" for nothing. So you feel bad and you want to be a good person so you give in and tell your friend to hop in. You might think to yourself that your just running in to the store for a few minuets and it's not too hot so your dog will be fine. Wrong.
Sometimes we intend to go in for a minute and we don't expect the long line caused by the person paying for groceries with change, or we run into a friend who wants to have a chat. And before we know it Fido is roasting like a little chicken on a rotisserie! Sad image I know, but it's true.

The facts are that even a car that has the windows cracked and is in the shade can become an unintended chamber of cruelty. Most people who leave their dog in the car are not trying to hurt their friend, they just don't know. If you want to read all the studies in depth go to mydogiscool.com and they can give you the skinny on pups in cars. Trust me there have been many times I have gotten the sad face and wanted to take one of my dogs along for a ride, but I resist if it is even remotely warm. I would never risk the safety of my dogs to soothe my own guilt . I know they would rather be laying on the couch and sneaking off to the cat box for a little forbidden snack then suffering in a parking lot .

The same goes for your Crispy Cat.
Even though they no longer need refrigeration, no candy bar can withstand the sweltering heat of your glove box, or your dash board. If a candy bar could withstand those temperatures I would be hesitant to ingest it because what sort of crap would you have to put in it to make it flame retardant? I like the Crispy Cats best in the freezer for summer months. I also like to chop them up and add them to a smoothie. Sometimes I take one and let it get really warm and then stick crushed up pretzels all over it, and then I freeze it. Anyway if you want to tell us what you do with your candy bar we are into hearing it.

Stay tuned for the super fan of the month award!
The prestigious title will go to one lucky person per month and they will get their picture on our website along with a little bio and of course cash and prizes. Maybe not cash, but definitely prizes.

2 comments:

farkmini said...

I can't tell you what I do with my crispy cats---or to who!

Teddydigital said...

Can I leave them in my car if the window's are down?