Thursday, September 13, 2007

A book report on Skinny Bitch

Today is a holiday and I 'm having a hard time working. I feel unfocused and I want to lay on the floor of my office and stare at the ceiling. Stu the graphics guy just found a bunch of old school Crispy Cats and wanted to know if he was allowed to eat them till he pukes. I told him yes, that is our company policy, eat candy bars until you puke. Everyone is being super quite in the office, even me. I think I will refrain from eating candy bars till I puke because I am not into the whole binge and purge scene, bulimia is so out this season. I think being anorexic is out this season as well, at least that's what I read on Yahoo news, something about baning super skinny models. Speaking of all that I think its high time I did that book report I promised the gals over at Skinny Bitch headquarters I would do.

Here goes.......

A book report by Ann Sweeney
Skinny Bitch
Written by: Two skinny bitches Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin

I will say that I support the ideas in this book for the most part. I have a feeling that most of the people who read this book are already skinny bitches. As evidenced by pictures of Posh Spice holding it. By the way, Posh is so thin that she can literally fax herself places and for the record being that skinny doesn't look good and it certainly doesn't look healthy. It actually has an age accelerating effect where women who might look beautiful otherwise has starved themselves into looking like skelator. Anyway that has nothing to do with the book. The book is basically about veganism. Underneath all the insults and shaming is the basic message of a vegan diet. I guess if they called their book Vegan Bitch it might not have been so popular. Personally, being called names has never motivated me to change but if that works for some people than I think its great. I can't argue with anything they say in the book and I stand behind their beliefs. I liked how they added all the stories about what happens in the slaughterhouses. It's important for people to know how they got that big, nasty, fat laden burger and all the suffering that was a result of their choices. Good for you skinny bitches! They out line some really good menu ideas that are helpful and give a ton of lists with a lot of really good products, including Crispy Cat!

A part of me liked all the insults and name calling. It was fun.
Let me break this down for you....
Skinny Bitch, good book about veganism disguised cleverly so that L.A. women who could care less about animals but hate being fat will by it.
Hopefully people will read the stories about the animal suffering and will feel moved to make a change.

While I was writing this Stu came over and told me about something called pug bowling and I started freaking our thinking people were hurting pugs, I could just picture some ignoramus sliding a pug down a bowling lane and it getting its chubby little body stuck in that machine that picks up the pins and resets them. Luckily it was nothing of the sort! I investigated and it was something lame but not hurting any pugs. I love me some pugs and if anyone tries to hurt one they will get their ass kicked. That rule applies to all dog breads and cats too, actually any animal for that matter.

Ok so I hope people will read this book and think about making some changes, not just so they can be skinny but so they can stop sucking.

Just eat a Crispy Cat and be happy.
I think they should consider calling the book Vegan Betch, deal with it!

No comments: