Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The chicken truck....it was bad.

I was traveling to Atlanta Ga on Monday, (no not to find Michael Vick so I could scratch his eyes out) Digital and I were going to have a romantic getaway. As we were driving I saw a chicken truck, a truck chock full of chickens. It was so sad.
There were tons and tons of chickens in tiny wire cages and the cages were so small the chickens could 'nt even sit up, they were all hunched over and cramped. All I could think about when I saw that horrible truck of impending suffering and doom was what about the poor chickens in the middle? How do they even breath? So depressing and so cruel.

Upon seeing my distress Teddydigital tryed to cheer me up by say that perhaps the chickens were going off to a chicken sanctuary somewhere, that hippies from Asheville rescued them and were taking them someplace nice. I added that yes maybe the chicken liberation front had a hand in it and it was just some of the many chickens that had be rescued.

Of course we all know that's not true. They went someplace bad.
If you could have seen their little faces....I can't even stand remembering there little white fluffy bodies all smooshed into those cages. It was like the people who put them in there didn't know they were animals.

I know this is a sad post and tomorrow it will be funny again. Somethings are just not funny, and the chicken truck is one of them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohh...hehehe...sorry. that was me driving that truck. i had just come from executing a daring raid on a malevolent poultry farm and i was taking the chickens to a party. it was a great party. we ate corn and drank grain alcohol all night and played "pin the tail on farmer brown." it was a blast. we invited a bunch of hippies and they played drums and the chickens danced around a bonfire. so no worries, 'k.

p.s. i shall now occasionally haunt you through blog comments.