Saturday, May 31, 2008

School is in session....

Everyday I learn something new about being a mom. Today I learned that if you are hungry but your baby is fussy, you starve. That's OK it will help me shed my baby weight, but I could just see with new found X-ray vison that there was delicious food in the fridge so I put Sadie in a hand-me-down maya wrap someone gave me as was able to eat a little. Wraps and slings seem to be a life saver, luckily I have a bunch of them.
I also learned that baby's seem to do what ever they want and they don't care about being consistent. Just when I think I know what she will do next she dose something totally different.
Another interesting fact is that when you hear a squirt in the diaper, don't run to change it just yet...wait a second because usually another squirt is on the way. A friend of ours named Kelly gave us a bunch of really great all in one cloth diapers and I love them, but it sucks to have to wash them so now I have a rule of Thumb that we have to wait when we hear the squirt.
Something Else I am loving is the fact that everyday my gummy bear tummy gets a little smaller. Last week when I left the hospital I looked 6 months pregnant. Now I look about 4 months pregnant, and like I had a boob job too.
I am dying to go for a walk.....the Doctor said Sadie could not go out places till she was 2 weeks old and I am going a little stir crazy. We are allowed however to go walking and outside. Physically I feel fine, not quite ready to run yet but definitely ready to walk. I think in about 2 weeks or so I will be running again. I guess everyone was right about working out while pregnant, makes recover easier and faster. So today I will attempt perhaps to put her in her stroller and take her on a little walk around the neighborhood.
Anyway that is all I have for the moment......I really miss eating mint coconut bars. I forgot how good I had it being able to eat Crispy Cats whenever I wanted.

No comments: