Monday, June 9, 2008

5 4 3 2 1 lets run......

I thought that after the baby was born I was going to be really ill over my post pregnancy body, but much to my surprise I have not been that distraught. I guess it has something to do with the fact that I have bigger fish to deal with and that for once it is not all about me.
Having a kid showed me how self-obsessed I really was...crazy! Now I can see that even though having a fit healthy body is important, it is not the only thing in life and I don't have to go insane trying to recapture my figure right away. At first I thought that if I did not look like I did before with in a month than the world was all wrong and I would not be able to go on. But here I am 2 1/2 weeks into it and I have a belly that is like a big gummy bear and no abs in sight, I won't even get into my legs and arms and I am sort of OK with it. I trust that my body knows how to get back to what nature intended. Besides when you don't sleep and you have a baby that is a fuss-a-dufflus there is little time for body fixations.
Now this is not to say that I am 100% at peace with my body, but its way less of a mind eff than I thought it would be.

On another note I have started running again...sort of. This was the longest I have been inactive in many years and trust me I needed the rest. But then a few days ago I got the itch to run and so I handed over the babe to Teddydigital and ran for 20 minuets on my treadmill. Now, in the past I would never have counted 20 mins as a "run" but considering the circumstance I felt like i just ran a marathon and I was just as proud. The next day I gave my self a rest and than today I ran for 25 mins. It felt really good. Slow and steady and soon enough I will be back to real running. Though running a few weeks after giving birth feels pretty real to me. I am certain that the reason that I have recovered so quickly is because I worked out up until the end. I ran until 34 weeks and then just went to the gym and did all the boring machines. I still got cellulite but at least I was not bound to my bed for weeks trying to get over the trauma of birth.

Anyway in case you have not heard, we are running a contest so you might want to get in on some of this action and win yourself some free candy.
All you need to do is whip up an original desert using a Crispy Cat, make sure its vegan and make double sure that its awesome. Take a picture and email it with a description of your creation to info@crispycat.com.

No comments: