Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sexy Mama? No, I think not.

There is nothing sexy about the postpartum period if you ask me. I know that there are people who would disagree and say that a woman who just became a mother is at her most beautiful and in an abstract, spiritual sort of way they are correct. In a much more vain and physical way I believe they are wrong. I don't know if it is the fact that after many months I have finally seen my bush again and it is terrifying! It was hidden under my huge belly and I stopped being able to see it at around 6 months pregnant and since I could not see it I just pretended it did not exist. That was a mistake. Now it is so over grown and crazy I don't know how or where to begin, so once again I am pretending it dose not exist. Another thing that resurfaced after my belly went down a bit were some stretch marks that I did not know were there. I thought I had escaped them but they were just hiding on the underside of my enormous belly and were not visible until some of the swelling went down. But at this point it doesn't even matter, I mean really. I just consider them a badge of honor. By the way Sadie is wearing little pants today with duckies on the feet and they are so freaking cute! Hemorrhoids are another thing that are not so sexy. And the fact that I have had to wear a maxi pad non-stop and a very unattractive nursing bra only add to this feeling. A few of the other things include the jacked up body and the still wearing of maternity clothes because my tiny little pre -pregnancy jeans are a total joke.

HOWEVER.......I will gladly never wear size 0 jeans again if it means I can stare at a baby wearing little duckie pants. I don't mind nursing all freaking night long if I can see one little smile in the morning. I think I can settle for being a size 2 though. Not that I am any where near that right now but I think if I give myself a few months I can get there.

So those are my thoughts on the postpartum period. I wish I was more spiritual or more hippieish and could say that I look like a beautiful goddess and am loving my engorged boobs and sore ass. Sorry. That would be dishonest. Besides how much fun would that be?

No comments: