Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tired is the new well rested

Thank God I have never been the type to need tons of sleep. Don't get me wrong I am better on more sleep rather than less but I am coming to find out about myself that I can do a lot more than I thought. Being a Mom has showed me that I am a much stronger person than I previously may have thought. Or it might be that being a Mom has just made me a stronger person...dare I say a "better" person. Maybe just a different person. Anyway I am into the new me regardless. I still have my moments of getting ill and cranky but something has shifted. Perhaps it is that little lady that hangs out with me all day and all night. She is showing me new things everyday about myself and about life.

Life as a Crispy Cat staffer at home is filled with the excitement and adventure. By adventure I mean going to the store with a baby and by excitement I mean learning to nurse on my side while I am still semi-asleep. We went for a little walk at the Botanical Gardens today with our pal Jess and little Lou and we had a great time talking about all the stuff that people who don't have a new baby don't want to talk about. Than we changed diapers and breastfed in some sort of gazebo. It was nice and afterwards Sadie and I were really pooped so we went to my Moms to mooch some lunch and then came back here.

Tomorrow I am going to the office to see all my work friends and I am so excited for them to meet Sadie. I am sure that she will love everyone! And I know they will all love her (they better).

No comments: