Monday, June 16, 2008

Did I give birth to Fidel Castro?

Who knew that a dictator could be so cute. I think this is the trick to trying to have a dictatorship....just be really freaking cute and the people won't care. I wondered this to myself this morning about the person running my house now. I wondered how dose such a small person have so much control over me? I can't take a shit unless she says OK, that is literal too. If Teddydigital is at work and she and I are alone and I have to go to the bathroom and she wants to be held....well then I have to hold her AND hold my bladder. Its that or put her down and listen to heartbreaking screams while I feel like the worst mother on the planet. I usually just hold it.

After a late night all I wanted was a shower this morning. But Sadie told me no. I begged and bargained and tried to bribe her but nothing. I finally put her into what I call a "boob coma" she drank a bunch of milk and passed out. I know better though than to put her down before she is really passed out, if she is slightly awake she will scream and I will have to start the whole process over again. So I waited until I saw her little tongue poke out of her mouth and her entire body go limp then I gently laid her down. I just stood there looking at her in her little yellow jumper with her little tiny body and wondered if Castro had been this cute he probably could have taken over the entire world. So now I am taking a break from gathering all the dirty clothes off the floor of our bedroom to wax poetic about the baby and how cute she is and how she is a master of mind control already at just 3 1/2 weeks old. I am so proud of her, perhaps one day she will take over a small country or maybe even this one. She will be a ruthless tyrant for sure, ruling with an iron fist and she will probably erect statues of her favorite thing, the boob. Big golden monuments of my boob.

OK enough of this...I have to do laundry and I am waiting for Fed Ex to deliver my diaper bag. I neglected to pick one up so the hospital gave me one filled with formula. I feel like a jerk carrying a bag around that says SIMILAC on it. At some point I want to cover the topic of baby snatchers, I have a plan if anyone ever tries to snatch my baby and I want to discuss it in an up coming post.

No comments: