Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mastitis is a pain in the breast.

Well my clogged milk duct turned into full on mastitis, WOW mastitis is no joke. Despite taking the antibiotics my body still decided that it wanted to go there and so what was once just a relatively painful experience turned in to a nightmare that can only be compared to something not quite as horrible as labor pains but pretty freaking close. I was out of commission for a few days and now I am on the mend and feeling a little better. Resting and taking it easy has never been my strong suit but the fear of this thing coming back or getting worse is enough for me to get in bed and rest.

On another scary note I finally got on the scale. I waited till Sadie was one month old before doing this. All I can really say about that experience was that it was so traumatic and so devastating that I could not even get upset. It was like my mind could not even process that number so it just went into some sort of trance and I just looked at the number again to make sure and then like a person who just had their brains eaten by zombies I stepped off the scale and staggered away. I have never ever weighed this much, not EVER except being pregnant and that doesn't count. So instead of getting completely ill and just losing it I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to lose a good amount of weight and that it is going to take some time and that I am just going to have to do and not get crazy. Easier said than done. It doesn't help that this boob infection has me sidelined from running for a while until it heals.

That is the update on me. The baby is doing great. She was a month old on Friday and she may not be plumping up much but she is getting longer and longer. I think she is going to have Teddydigitals body, long and lean. She is smiling all the time and has laughed out loud 3 times. The first laugh was at Crispy Cat headquarters when Liliha was holding her, it was so precious. I am going to have to figure out how to get pictures on this blog so the world can view the beauty of Sadie, I know all Moms think that but seriously my kid is gorgeous and also a genius. Pray for my boob everyone!

No comments: