Thursday, April 24, 2008

Baby Contest = Free Candy!!

Yesterday Stu sent out an email announcing the contest we are running here at Crispy Cat headquarters. And we got a lot of responses, I am really into some of the guess that you people had for due dates. Mainly because some are early May and I am so ready to have this baby. I figure if I just go 2 more weeks I will be full term and then the baby should be all set to go and we can do this thing!
I thought since the original post with all the info about the contest is old I would re post the clues that I gave for guesses.

I have 2 due dates one is May 25th and one is May 30th. I have 2 because the baby was measuring a little big at my 8 week ultrasound so they thought I might be more pregnant than I thought.

I am 5'2 and my husband (Teddydigital) is 6'4

I was a small little baby born late and he was a big baby!

I don't have any sisters so I don't know if I have a family tendency to go early or late. My mother was late with me and 3 weeks early with my brother.

That is all the info that I have to offer that might be helpful with clues and guesses.

Good Luck!

I am also sad to report that I have not been able to run for a week. I have been going to the gym and using the elliptical and the cross trainer but that is a much as I can do. I have definitely been missing my morning runs with Otto and I know Otto is missing them too. He just has to settle for plain old walks now with the other dogs. By the way I had a grooming debacle with Otto the other day. I always groom him myself and I wanted to give him a summer cut because he is so freaking hairy and so because I forget that at 35 weeks pregnant things are harder I set out to shave him in the back yard.
Otto is afraid of the clipper noise so he just lay on his side traumatized by the buzzing noise while I shaved one whole side of him. Really he was being very good and the shaving part was easy. Then I turn off the clippers and roll him onto his other side. Thinking to myself this entire time how easy this is and how I can't believe that Teddydigital thought I couldn't do it and wanted me to take him to a groomer. Well, I go to turn the clippers back on and they won't for some reason go through his hair. I kept trying and trying but they would not do it. I don't know if I dulled the blade by shaving a dirty dog or what but the bottom line was that they were not working. Finally I had to give up. Poor Otto he now has the worlds worst hair cut, totally shaved on one side and all hairy on the other. If you look at him standing and you just look at one side he looks fine. I feel like I am abusing him by making him walk around like that, but when I called the groomers they did not have anything open for 2 weeks. I think this weekend I am going to borrow my Mothers horse clippers and shave him. Poor guy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

barring induction.....
birth 5/28
weight: 8-8
length (not height :) 20in


best wishes for a healthy mom, healthy baby, AND a joyous birth!!

Enjoy this time...with a crispy cat of course!!