Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The neurotic corner

This is the last time I am going to write about this topic. I know I am a freak when it comes to this area of my life so I am just going to share one more story about the topic of MY WEIGHT!!!(insert dramatic music here)

I have a friend that moved away to Florida a few months after I got married. When I got married my weight was some where around 105 to 108 lbs. I was in good shape and I was running a lot and doings some weight lifting as well. Ok fine that being said that was how I looked the last time he saw me. So I see him the other day and now at 35 weeks pregnant I look a lot different. I will not go into how much I currently weight because that is just to scary but lets just say that I am considerable bigger. Everyone else that knows me has seen me gradually get bigger and bigger. But Matt (yeah I said your name MATT) has not so to him I guess it was a big shock. He looks at me and says "WOW I almost didn't recognize you when I walked into the room....aww don't worry you'll get it all back!" all this in his heavy southern accent.

I know it doesn't sound like a lot but really....you'll get it all back???? I didn't recognize you??
Well....thanks for hiding your shock so well Matt. I got into the car and immediately started obsessing to Teddydigital about my weight. When I got home I continued my interrogation about the way I looked.... was I that huge that I looked like an entirely different person? Was I some sort of freakish beast like big foot, or small foot as the cases would be for me. A rotund weeble?
Teddydigital fared the storm well, he simple said that last time Matt saw me I was in tip top shape and that I looked beautiful now and that as my belly has gotten bigger I actually look slimmer everywhere Else.Now, he may have been lying about me looking slimmer every where else but it still was nice to hear. He knows that with me flattery will get you everywhere.

So I am over that now but I just wanted to add that to the other stories I have of people just saying whatever comes into their head regardless of how rude it is. Again proving the point that for some unknown reason pregnant women are not granted the same social politeness that other people are when it comes to people remarking on the way her body looks.

Whatever I have bigger problems than that right now anyway, like what I am going to do when I finish watching all the back seasons of the Sopranos. And if I can make it to see the Sex in the City movie before I give birth.

No comments: