Thursday, April 10, 2008

Theres no crying at work.....yes there is

Lately I have been crying at work. I really can't help it, I have like 10 zillion hormones flooding my system at all times and stuff just makes me cry.

Things that are little seem big..sort of like when you have P.M.S and things feel crazy but you tell yourself, oh this is PMS this is not real it's just PMS. But when its been like that for 33 weeks in a row I think a gal starts to lose perspective of what is real and what is not. I mean after awhile the line between hormonal and straight up crazy gets kinda fuzzy.

Something that would make me cry pregnant or not was a youtube video that was sent to me in a myspace bulletin. It was titled can you find a pure bread dog in a shelter? Now, I know better than to fall for the old its gonna be a cute movie about all the cute dogs in a shelter. No this is going to be some really sad stuff and guess what? It was some seriously sad shit. It was all about the dogs that have to be put down in the shelters and it was euthanasia techs talking about how they do what they do and they showed all these cute lovable dogs who were about to be put to sleep. I just burst out crying at my desk. I mean they should show that movie to the people who drop off there dogs at the shelter. All I could think about was Otto and how he almost went to the shelter, I could just see his sweet trusting face behind those bars, just wondering what he ever did. That dog is so freaking loving and gentle. My God, his previous owners were horrible abusive rednecks that threw him away like trash and treated him even worse when they had him. When I found the creeps who dumped him they never once said thanks for shaving all the dreads off our dog and taking him to the vet and taking care of him and bathing him, they just grabbed him up and dragged him off to there shitty truck. Otto dug his feet in and tried to resist but they threw him in the truck. Well the long and short of that story is that he kept running away and eventually Ted and I just took him. The nasty owner people just said keep him. Otto is a beautiful pure bread Golden Retriever and a nice boy to boot.

So that is why I was crying at work today. But it was just for a few minutes I forced myself to stop because the other day I cried a river at work and I figure that I can't have too many crying spells in any given week.

One more interesting thing to note....Stu claims that running is bad for you and will give you "jumble guts". He thinks anyone who runs is crazy and looking for knee and joint problems. Well whatever Stu no one cares what you think about running..even if you did go to Harvard! I was out running this morning with Teddydigital and Otto and a lady with a minivan full of kids leaned out her window and said "WOW good for you, you're inspirational"
It was pretty cool and it inspired me to keep up with my attempts at running. I told myself that I don't have to run until I go into labor but who knows maybe I will after all!

No comments: