Friday, April 4, 2008

The pregnant guy.

No.
I am sure everyone has heard about this "man" that is pregnant.
I say man meaning that he underwent a sex change to get rid of his breasts and to take testosterone to get all manly. Yet left his reproductive organs in place because he said he knew he would want to have a baby someday.
OK here is my problem with this situation.

1. If a person feels they were born into the wrong gender than fine go get a sex change. I get that some people identify with a gender other than the one they were born into. I have no problem with someone being transgender.

2. However, if you feel like a man, well than your a man and men don't have the parts to have a baby. If you have the parts to have a baby than you are not a man with a uterus you are a lady with a beard.

3. Personal I do not want men to start having babies. This is not something that should get really trendy. One of the special things about being a woman is being able to make a baby.
Don't men have enough already in this world. Can't some things just be sacred and special for us ladies. Why do men want a piece of all of our action.

The good news is that regular guys can't do this. Only guys that used to be girls can do this and the good news is that most ladies that become men don't want to have babies because they feel like men and most men don't want to have a baby. Of course I am only speculating on all this. I have no idea what happens in other peoples heads. I think I am just annoyed by all the media hype that a man is pregnant. Its not like a person who was born a man got pregnant. This is not like that movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger when he gets pregnant. This is just one of those situations that makes a great headline but is really sort of stupid when you look at it.
From far away it looks like ...Wow a dude is pregnant! Up close it looks like...Oh a lady that turned into a guy but left her womb is pregnant, and instead of looking like a beautiful glowing pregnant lady she just looks like a bloated frat guy or a dude with a drinking problem gross.

Anyway that is my 2 cents on all this silliness. I think Oprah should have me on her show. I can show her my stretch marks and hemorrhoids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my newest hero - there are many, so squeeze in, watch the elbows and keep hands inside the vehicle at all times.

You said what I keep saying "If you have the parts to have a baby than you are not a man with a uterus you are a lady with a beard."

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

I will now buy a case of Toasted Almond Crispy Cat's to show my allegiance!

Word Sistah - or Bruthah - or perhaps- in this case - Bruthistah.

Anonymous said...

Whatever. I don't know why people take such a personal offense to this "guy." I think he makes us uncomfortable... but, some of my most valuable lessons in life have been prompted by uncomfortable experiences. I say blurring the lines of gender is an opportunity to help us focus on what really matters... our humanity!

Jessica said...

Well I don't understand someone would want to defend such a disgrace to God and women everywhere. YES this makes us uncomfortable... because it's unnatural. Most of my valuable experiences aren't this unnatural and immoral. I usually learn from the experiences that apply to me and teach me something useful.