Friday, April 18, 2008

What pregnant ladies and Tony Soprano have in common

Just a quick reminder...we still have our contest going to win free Crispy Cats!! All you have to do is guess the day you think my baby will be born and you can win a case of Crispy Cats. If you guess the height and weight you can win 2 more cases! For more details scroll down a few posts and you will see where to click to submit your guess and to see my 2 due dates and all that stuff.


Even though I hate to admit it, I love the Sopranos. I am really addicted and since I have been doing a lot of resting at night I find myself at Blockbuster renting season after season. Since Teddydigital works nights I have the T.V. all to myself so I am free to watch whatever I want, I would rather have Teddydigital at home but since you can't have it all I'll take Tony Soprano.
I know that I should be offend by the violence and the misogynistic behavior and the depiction of all Italians as mobsters and sociopath killers, but I just can't help but watch. And the fact that Tony loves animals and even killed a man over the fact that he suspected he killed Tony's beloved horse doesn't help with my addiction. I mean if someone killed one of my animal companions I would want to seriously mame them but because I don't go around maming people I won't. But Tony dose go around maiming people and what better people to mame and kill than people who hurt and abuse animals. Again, I am not saying violence solves problems but I am saying that it dose feel good to see a man who killed an innocent horse get his brains bashed in, should I not even be writing this? Am I too a sick and twisted person? Well I think I can speak for many animal lovers when I say that there have been times when I have seen animal abuse and even though I did not cause bodily harm to anyone I certainly fantasied about it. Anyway that is why we have T.V. shows.

Last night I was laying on my couch watching episodes from the 4th season and getting the worst cravings for all the food I was seeing. Especial all the delicious Italian pastries that I loved and ate as a kid. Those white boxes with the little red and white strings holding them closed were driving me nuts. It was making me think of my Grandmother who would go on to central ave in Yonkers and go to the latachine to pick up lunch and then head to the bakery to pick up desert.
So I called the person who I thought would be able to understand, my mother. My mother, being Italian is familiar with all those delicious treats and since there is no where in North Carolina that you can get that sort of food I felt safe talking about it because I knew I was not in danger of running out and buying a bunch of pastries and shoving them in my face.

Ok this was not the point of this story. The point of even bring up that show in the first place was to mention all the things in common that Tony Soprano and pregnant woman have in common.
Now I can't speak for all pregnant ladies so I will just stick to myself.......

#1 Both Tony Soprano and pregnant ladies have huge bellys, this is the obvious one

#2 Both tend to breath heavy even when not really excert themselves i.e. eating and standing still. For example I was eating dinner and found myself breathing like I had just ran for the phone or something. God, I felt like a whale at that point. I mean breathing heavy while eating!
Another example was I was on the phone with my brother and I had just walked up the stairs and was out of breath and he wanted to know if I was working out.

#3 Insane mood swings and a tendency to want to become violent out of no where. For example I was at the gym and the parking lot was crowed and I was waiting for a man to pull out of his spot so I could take it, well some old man comes along and he pauses as if he is going to try and take the spot. I just looked at him and shook my head, he was smart and moved his old ass along. I seriously became enraged thinking about him trying to steal my spot. Normally this would not have been so dramatic, but because I was so sleep deprived and hormonal I wanted to kick his ass just for looking at my spot. I know, I am illin'

Those are just a few examples I am sure I could go on but I have lost interest in this subject.
Don't forget to submit your guess to win up to 3 cases of Crispy Cats, the worlds first organic candy bar!!

No comments: