Friday, July 13, 2007

Lets get to know Joel!

I would like to take a moment to talk about our leader here at Tree Huggin' Treats.
His name is Joel Schantz just in case your totally out of the loop or just woke up from a coma. He founded this whole thing and is totally dedicated to keeping it going.

He has a really nice wife and some really cute kids. I get a real kick out of his daughter Molly. She's 7 and she sometimes comes into the office and cracks the whip. I like watching her tell Eric how he's doing everything wrong. And it's not like he can argue because one day she might be our boss. I stay on her good side by pointing out some of the things she's not around to see and reminding her how he "warms up" the bars at demos. She has a cat named Bree that she keeps on a pretty tight schedule. I asked her to e-mail it to me because I was previously unaware that you could put your cat on a schedule and I wanted to know more. I tried to implement her schedule with my cat and the results were not as fruitful. Basically my cat just yessed me to death and did whatever he wanted. Joel's other daughter Ruby, is a juicy little toddler. Totally scrumptious. I had a dream once that I was swimming in Antarctica and I was carrying Ruby one minute and then I looked again and it was a midget. It was a really scary dream.

Anyway, as the community relations person of this place, it's my duty to relate to the community. I want to bring you one member of our staff each day. At the end of the week we can decide who gets voted off the island.

I see Joel at the gym and at the work place. When I see him on the StairMaster I know he can't escape my questions "Hey, am I doing this right?" I ask that after I show him some random exercise I just made up with free weights that are too heavy for me. He has never said yes.

He is also my guitar teacher. And my go-to person with all questions regarding my musical education. During our 2nd lesson he commented " This is going to be harder than I thought." Yet he has full confidence in my ability to one day become an awesome face melting guitarist .

The following statements were made by Joel:

" I was tripping on acid when you were still asking your parents for a bowl of trix"

" I'm gonna kick the world in the teeth and bite it on the ass!"

" I was at a Neville brothers concert........don't put that in your blog"

" I have a picture of me in a woman's wig and its pretty cute."

The following quote is brilliant. It's by Molly age 7

" Perfect is just a unique way of saying not perfect. It's not like someone just built these trees in."

Molly should copyright that so Joan Biaz doesn't steal it and turn it into a song.

I hope this was helpful in getting to know Joel a little better.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Stay tuned because on Monday I will showcase Eric, our sales and marketing guy.
He is also a Tom Cruise impersonator and is available for your next corporate affair or birthday

party.


(As always were are vegan kosher & gluten-free )

No comments: